Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yesterday there was a food show down in Layton that I had the oppurtunity to go to. I have never been to a food show before. I was unsure at first at what to expect and I knew very little of what was going on. I did know that there were going to be vendors from different companies that were advertising their products in hopes that restuarant owners will buy their products. My favorite booth would have to be the produce booth because it had a huge variety of vegetables and fruit. There were vegetables and fruits that I recognized but there were also those that I did not recognize at all. I could actually identify fennel and that was because I had worked with it just a few weeks ago. One of the vendors had fried calamari. I have never tried calamari before mainly because whenever I see calamari, you see the actual octopus and to be honest that grosses me out. But I tried the fried calamari and it wasnt even that bad. It tasted like fish. I have decided that the next time I see calamari (that isn't fried) that I will try it. Because for all I know I will probably like, but if I don't then that will be ok. I think that when I really decided what I am going to do after I am done with the Culinary Arts program at BATC then I will know for sure what I will need and have plenty of questions when I go to more food shows. If you start your own resturant or bakery or anything that has to preparing foods, going to food shows will definitely be benificial to yourself and to the vendors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment