My experience in Culinary Arts at BATC certainly has gotten better everyday that I come. I have learned new things and I get to work with new ingredients. Last week we even catered lunch for about 425 people. For about the last two and a half weeks Curry and I have been working on the salad bar and making different kinds of salads. In one week I had made 3 different kinds of salads: a macaroni salad, potato salad, and another pasta salad with broccoli and cauliflower. Last week for the catered group Curry and I had made coleslaw. We did such a good job on the coleslaw that one customer had asked for the recipe and another customer who normally does not eat it, cleared it off his plate. With making salads we would have to make our own dressings as well. With the macaroni and potato salad the main ingredient to make the dressing stay emulsified was mayonaise. For the pasta salad that had the broccoli and cauliflower the dressing was partially emuslified because the main ingredient for the dressing was red wine vinegar. A temporary emulsion is whn two liquids always seperate after being shaken or beaten together. Any of the vinaigarettes are temporary emulsion dressings. Any of the creamy dressings that have mayo, and egg yolks in the ingredients are a permanent emulsion dressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment